sexta-feira, 16 de setembro de 2016


“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”
Prov. 3:5-6
I never cease to grow in trusting my Lord - ever since I was born! It’s like each day presents itself with new opportunities for me to practice that! And when I think I’ve got it figured out I realize there’s so much more to learn, so much more that I need to entrust Him with.
While in Africa just a few days ago, God started speaking to me on this matter. He reminded me of His words to Joshua:
“Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:8-9
So, first, I am to keep the “Book of the Law” always on my lips and meditate on it day and night. That was His command to Joshua and it is a command to me. If I want to keep the Word of God on my lips I have to meditate on it day and night. No other way! No excuses either! If I say I’m a disciple of Jesus, then I have to follow His example and His footsteps. If Jesus, himself, as a boy, studied and memorized scriptures why don’t I?
If I do keep the Word of God on my lips and meditate on it day and night, He promises that I will be prosperous and successful. Wow! I have been praying so much for God to prosper my ways and give me success on everything I do, especially my home business.
Then, He confronts me by asking ‘Have I not commanded you?’ Is that related to the ‘being in the Word’ mentioned previously or is it related to the next phrases where He again, commands me to be STRONG, COURAGEOUS, to NOT BE afraid, to NOT BE discouraged? And the promise after that is amazing! The Lord, my God, will be with me wherever I go. Wow again! What more would I want? What more would I need? As long as God is with me everywhere I go, then I’m good, I’m safe, I’m prosperous! Nothing else matters! My creator and my Daddy is with me.
Then, as Bruce was sharing with the Makua brothers and sisters, he mentioned that Joshua 1:8-9 is very similar to Psalm 1. So, here it is:
“Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night.” Psalm 1:1-2
He was right! Here comes the “meditate on his law day and night.” No excuses!
“That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither – whatever they do prosper.” Psalm 1:3
And here is the same promise – PROSPERITY!
“Not so the wicked! They are like chaff that the wind blows away. Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgement, nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous. For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous but the way of the wicked leads to destruction.” Psalm 1:4-6
Speaking of wind…. This morning the Lord brings me this verse to “meditate” on:
“Just as you cannot understand the path of the wind so you cannot understand the activity of God.” Ecclesiastes 11:5
Since we’ve arrived from Mozambique this past Saturday, Bruce and I are dealing with jet lag. This is not our first international trip and certainly not first time to Africa and back. We know how it works. But, this time (maybe because I’m more aware of my body, and growing older although not feeling older, haha) I’ve been researching on jet lag and trying to understand what’s going on with my own body. Each day presents itself with different symptoms that I hadn’t noticed on previous experiences. Yesterday (the 4th day after we came back) I woke up very exhausted and sore (from having tried Crossfit for the first time – very dumb on my part) so my mood was different. I started struggling with negative thoughts. Thoughts of hopelessness were in the midst. But, I did not despair. I had had those feelings many times before so I knew how not to sink back into them. I started praying earnestly that the Lord would speak to me, strengthen me and take me out of that predicament.
Being this is the 5th morning that we wake up back at home and knowing that it takes about a day for each time zone that we had crossed, I was sure I was going to sleep until 6AM today. Much to my surprise I started waking up at 4AM. Immediately I started praying and asking God some questions that had been on my heart all day yesterday: 1. Why am I still sitting on the “Silver” rank of my company? 2. What else do I need to learn? 3. Am I afraid of sharing with people? 4. What books do I need to read, or what courses do I need to take, or what do I need to do to move forward? 5. How can I organize my temporary office while we finish our basement where I’ll have my permanent office? I prayed for a while, dozed off for a little bit, prayed some more quietly to not disturb my husband. We finally got up at 6 AM.
Before I stepped out of bed I already had a different attitude. During my prayer time the Lord started showing me what to do, how to proceed and what to do this day. After breakfast, as I opened up my Bible app to continue my Bible plan, the Lord brought to me this verse in Ecclesiastes. He spoke to me very clearly. Who am I to understand the path of the wind? Who am I to understand God’s activity? I can feel the wind, but have no way of explaining where it came from or where it’s going to (I do have an idea, but am never sure). I know God is active, alive and He is so very creative. I simply can’t understand ALL that He’s doing. I know only in part.
So, what is my role in all of this? What should be my attitude? I go back to my first verse: TRUST IN THE LORD! Easier said than done, right? But that IS my answer! I should have an attitude of gratitude in all He’s doing and totally trust in the One who holds the universe in His hands.  
Neide Colson
September 15th, 2016.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário