quinta-feira, 2 de abril de 2015


AN ALABASTER KIND OF WORSHIP
 
"Six days before the Passover, Jesus came to Bethany, where Lazarus lived, whom Jesus had raised from the dead. Here a dinner was given in Jesus' honor. Martha served, while Lazarus was among those reclining at the table with him. Then Mary took a pint of pure nard, an expensive perfume; she poured it on Jesus' feet and wiped his feet with her hair. And the house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume." John 12:1-3

The kind of perfume Mary used was ‘pure nard’. An oil/fragrance used as a perfume, as a medicine or for religious purposes back then. At that time, many people knew the high cost of that perfume, so they were able to quickly figure out that the amount of perfume she used was worth a whole lot of land, and that land could’ve been sold and used to help the poor. It was also worth a whole year’s wage. Imagine that! Imagine using your whole year’s wage to pour it all out on Jesus! Mary did that!
That was Mary’s worship that day! Her worship was an expression of her heart. That was for sure her worship! Mary’s worship was messy! It made a mess on Jesus’ feet (probably calloused from walking to spread the Good News, teach the multitudes, feed the hungry and heal the sick). It was a mess because she used her own hair to wipe it off, so her hair was messed up! Despite the fact that she was a woman and should've been in the kitchen with her sister, she did not feel intimidated by the presence of the men! She did not feel intimidated by the "Apostles!" She simply worshipped her Lord! 

What a courageous woman! She loved Jesus so much and she probably felt a debt of gratitude towards Him. So, it leaves me to wonder! Had Jesus healed her from diseases? Had He touched her heart in a very special way? Had He washed her clean from all unrighteousness and delivered her from many sins? Had He given her hope of a better life? Had He renewed her vision for what her life could become?

Yes, Jesus has healed me from diseases! He has delivered me from depression, He once healed me from a big uterine tumor. He has touched my heart in a very deep way! He has shown mercy towards me! He has cleansed me from my own dirty messy sins! He has given me hope not only for life in the future, but life in the present – the eternal life that starts now! He has renewed my vision! I now see far out! I see what He wants to do with my life and through my life!

Mary’s worship was messy! "And the house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume." The perfume must’ve dripped on the floor and even on her own clothes, maybe even on someone else that was sitting by Jesus.

I want my worship to be like Mary’s! I want my worship to fill my house, the house of God and any other house I go into. And I want my worship to inspire people to do the same. I want my worship to touch me back and touch others around me. I want my worship to the Lord Jesus be so genuine, unashamed and free that it will touch many lives to receive the freedom, the vision, the hope and the power that I now have!
How is your worship? Is it touching lives? Is it inspiring others?
 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário