terça-feira, 30 de dezembro de 2014

FAITHFULNESS!


It just hit me! Where does it come from? How do I learn to be faithful?
The other day this thought came to mind: how can couples remain faithful to each other this day and age? How can husbands remain faithful to their wives when the women at work are hitting on them? How can wives remain faithful to their husbands when they can be so independent, outgoing, successful in their jobs, feeling full of power? How?
Actually, when I was engaged (to be married) with Bruce, I asked a similar question to my cell group leader. I asked her “How can you love the same person for the rest of your life?” Of course I was madly in love with Bruce, but when you look around and you see so many broken homes (even in the Church), or when you grow up feeling very insecure of the love of your father for your mother,   doubts come into your heart! You don’t really know how you will be able to commit your love “until death do us apart!”
As I have reflected on that this week, it came to mind that I learn “Faithfulness” from the “Faithful One” – God alone! It is He who teaches me, molds me, rebukes me, loves on me and makes me faithful! Faithful, first and foremost, to Him! Faithful to my husband! Faithful to my family! Faithful at my work place (it is so tempting, at times, to take advantage of things at work and just “use” them as if they were my own).
That’s why in the Old Testament, God compared the sin of “adultery” to “unfaithfulness” to Him! That’s why God also compared our relationship (as His Church) to Him as a “marriage covenant relationship!” It all flows together! You cannot say you are a Christian if you do not follow Jesus Christ. You cannot say you love your brothers and sisters (who you can see) if you do not LOVE God (who you cannot see). You cannot be faithful to anyone in this life if you’re not faithful to God!


“Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God  who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations,” (Deuteronomy 7:9) – He is “Elohim Aman” (God who is faithful!)
“Your steadfast love, O LORD, extends to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds.” (Psalms 36:5)

“The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases;  his mercies never come to an end; they are new  every morning; great is your faithfulness.” (Lamentations 3:22-23)

“Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful.” (Hebrews 10:23)
“He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will  find refuge; his faithfulness is  a shield and buckler.” (Psalms 91:4)

 

 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário